Leave the traditional classroom far behind, as we journey to the heart of Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. Our Southeast Asia Gap Semester Program is a unique blend of education, hands-on work projects, and exploration of these intriguing and ancient cultures. We explore bustling cities and the tranquility and natural beauty of the rural provinces as we partner with local organizations working in conservation, education, and public health. Our exclusive access to people and places, developed over decades, gives us a window into aspects of Southeast Asia rarely experienced by outsiders.
Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
February 15 - April 24
September 1 - November 9
*Airfare for international and in-country flights additional
- Explore Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, and other Bustling Urban Centers
- Kayak Lan Ha Bay and Sleep Aboard a Traditional Houseboat
- Learn about Cambodian History at Angkor Wat and the Killing Fields
- Examine the Complexities of Elephant Sanctuaries and Rehabilitation in Thailand
- Immerse Yourself in Buddhist Teachings and Meditation at a Thai Monastery
- Study Public Health by Examining the Effects of Agent Orange While Working with Youth in Hanoi
- Build and Install Clean Water Filters in Homes in Rural Cambodia
- Settle Into a Multi-Day Homestay in a Thai Rice Farming Village
- Support Local Environmental Efforts at a Remote Center along the River Kwai
- Become SCUBA Certified in Thailand’s Eastern Gulf
Experience the warmth of the Thai people through a multi-day homestay in a rural rice-farming village. Spend time with students at an inspiring school supporting underserved communities in Siem Reap. Visit a Thai Buddhist monastery to learn about meditation and give an offering to local monks.
Visit the infamous Killing Fields and Tuol Sleng Interrogation Center and receive in-depth lessons about historical and present-day Cambodia. Meet with American War veterans in Hanoi and speak about their experiences during and after the war. Take in the majesty of the Angkor Wat Temple Complex.
Conservation and Public Health
Examine the complexities of elephant sanctuaries and rehabilitation in Thailand learning first-hand about the human-elephant conflict, and what is being done to protect this sacred animal. In Siem Reap, partner with local community members to build and install biosand water filters into rural homes. Study public health by examining the effects of Agent Orange while working with youth in Hanoi.
Explore Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh, and other Bustling Urban Centers. Sample the local cuisine and visit the famous sites of these cities. Earn your PADI SCUBA certification in Thailand’s Eastern Gulf and explore the incredible multi-colored fish and corals of its vibrant reefs. Soak up the breathtaking views of Lan Ha Bay from aboard a traditional junk and kayak and sleep aboard a traditional houseboat.
Have questions? Speak to one of our Program Directors, give them a call at (415) 332.5075 , they love talking about their trips!