ARCC Programs is committed to upholding a hiring process that is legal, ethical, and nondiscriminatory. We value diversity in our office staff, summer leaders, gap instructors, and student population. ARCC Programs provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees as well as all student applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or political affiliation. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, recruitment, promotion, training, regional placement, termination, leaves of absence, and compensation. We are committed to upholding these standards in all aspects of our organization.
ARCC Programs is seeking program leaders for the summer of 2024!
Deadlines for application and consideration:
November 1, 2023
December 1, 2023
January 1, 2024
February 1, 2024
ARCC Programs is seeking Summer Program Leaders. Spend the summer leading, teaching, and inspiring teenagers while traveling to some of the most beautiful destinations in the world!
ARCC is looking for Program Leaders who are enthusiastic about working with students ages 13 -18, and who have strong experience working with groups. ARCC leaders focus on fostering constructive group dynamics, facilitating games, activities and initiatives, overseeing outfitted activities, and ensuring that each person in the group is able to safely achieve goals consistent with their abilities. Trip Leaders also provide natural and cultural history education relevant to their location as well as teach the curriculum designed for our community service and focus programs. Leaders will guide groups of up to eighteen students, with a co-leader, through rigorous projects, cultural immersion, and adventure programs. The trips are both mentally and physically challenging for leaders and participants, with programs ranging from 14 to 28 days in duration.
ARCC seeks leaders who will be a positive influence on the participants, supporting them throughout the trip and creating a fun, safe, and supportive environment in which they can thrive. Our leaders and students participate in a variety of activities including backpacking, rafting, SCUBA diving, surfing, snorkeling, sea kayaking, international service projects, and cultural exchanges. Experience in these areas is helpful, but not required. Other leader responsibilities include travel logistics, keeping a daily trip log, communicating with office staff about the status of the trip, and making crucial decisions along the way that may affect the outcome of the trip.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Current certification in Wilderness First Responder (WFR), EMT, or WEMT by June 2024.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or in the process of completing a degree.
- Excellent health and physical condition and COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Clean background check.
- Available for employment June through early August 2024.
- Applicants must be authorized to work legally in the United States.
Salary and Benefits
ARCC leaders are contracted to lead one or two trips, ranging from 2 to 3.5 weeks each. All leaders are required to participate in our Staff Training in Bend, OR. Dates are tentatively June 13- 18, 2024. The first-year leader salary ranges from $1,600 – $5,000 depending on the length, location, and the number of trips led. All living and travel expenses will be paid for while on program. In addition, we offer great pro-deals on outdoor equipment from many well-known manufacturers. Opportunity for Wilderness First Responder reimbursement available as well.
Trip Leader: We recommend applying as early as possible as most of our applications arrive early in the year, but we will accept applications until all positions are filled. Upon receipt of all materials, we will review applications and notify you of a decision shortly afterward. If this is a time-sensitive matter for you, please let us know and we will accommodate accordingly. Any positions available after February 1 will be filled on a rolling basis, and applicants must be prepared to respond promptly.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the online application. You will be prompted to create an account to complete the online application. Upon completion of the application, you will be asked to upload your resume and cover letter, you will also be given the opportunity to submit your references’ email addresses. Your resume, cover letter, and three references are required for a complete application. Our hiring deadlines are the first of each month November 1, 2022 – February 1, 2024 (November 1, December 1, etc.). If you have any questions or problems with the online application – please email: [email protected].
Thank you in advance for your interest in working for ARCC Programs! We look forward to hearing from you and potentially working together this upcoming summer.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
ARCC Programs is currently accepting applications for Fall 2024 instructor positions. Thank you!
ARCC GAP Semester Instructor
ARCC Programs is the leading provider of Adventure, Community Service, International Travel, and Wilderness Travel programs for teenagers and young adults in the United States. ARCC Gap Semester programs offer an educational and cultural bridge between high school and college. The ARCC Gap Semester programs are an opportunity to live, work, learn and explore in some of the greatest classrooms on earth. ARCC Gap Semesters have a rich educational fabric complementing each location. Going beyond the weekend visit, we take the time to plant our feet in each location, becoming part of the community at large. Eating, sleeping, and living amongst our host communities, we are welcomed in as friends. Working in partnership with area leaders and organizations, we participate in meaningful projects while collaborating with community members to achieve a common goal. Lending our hands to coral reef restoration work, building clean water filters, planting saplings, or working alongside local NGOs, our hard work supplements our education organized around ARCC Gap’s Global Themes: Literacy and Education, Public Health, the Movement of Peoples, Environment and Conservation, Indigenous Rights and Histories, and Social Justice topics. Students come away from their gap semester not only with memories that will last them a lifetime but also with skills and experience that will be invaluable in their future educational goals.
ARCC is looking for instructors who are enthusiastic about working with students aged 17-20 and who have strong experience working with groups. ARCC Instructors provide an academic framework and structure relevant to their location, as well as teach the curriculum designed for each location and global theme. In addition, instructors focus on fostering constructive group dynamics, implementing ARCC’s leadership progression, facilitating games, activities, and initiatives, overseeing outfitted activities, and ensuring that each person in the group is able to safely achieve goals consistent with their abilities. Two instructors will guide a group of up to fourteen students through rigorous domestic and international settings while facilitating an educational curriculum. These semesters are both mentally and physically challenging for instructors and participants, with many unexpected obstacles and issues.
ARCC seeks instructors who will be a positive influence on the participants, supporting them throughout the semester and creating a fun, safe, and supportive environment in which they can thrive. Our instructors are not supervising each student 24 hours a day for the semester, but rather helping them develop their own comfort in each regional location, setting them up to achieve positive development in a safe environment.
- Travel logistics (including border crossings, money exchanges, etc.)
- Food buying and food management for group
- Management of group budget
- Organization of hands-on projects
- Facilitation of educational curriculum
- Troubleshooting cultural differences
- Being available to students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and foster educational experiences
- Management of group safety
- Communication and updates with ARCC office
- Current certification in Wilderness First Responder (WFR, EMT, or WEMT)
- CPR and AED certification, or able to obtain before the start of your employment
- Excellent health and physical condition and fully COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Prior experience leading programs for ARCC Programs (preferred)
- Basic proficiency in a relevant foreign language for Southeast Asia, Western Mediterranean, East Africa, and the Pacific Islands (preferred, but not required)
- High intermediate to advanced fluency in Spanish (required for Central America and South America)
- Must be at least 23 years old at the time of the start of the program
- Experience traveling in the developing world (international programs)
- Experience guiding in the outdoors, including camping and cooking skills (domestic programs)
- Experience leading groups (preferably ages 17-20)
- Demonstrated experience working with a co-leader
- Demonstrated experience facilitating educational curriculum at a high school level
- Experience leading volunteer groups
- Experience hosting discussion, debates, lectures, mediation, or town council-style meetings focused on controversial issues
- Professional, fun, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals who are flexible and creative
- Available for Staff Training
Salary and Benefits
ARCC Instructors are contracted to lead a 70-day semester program. The instructor salary is competitive within the market. All living and travel expenses will be paid for while working for ARCC. Travel insurance, worker’s compensation, and international emergency evacuation insurance, will be provided for the duration of your program. We provide adequate professional and leadership development opportunities through our seven-day staff training course and six-day semester prep. We encourage instructors to take time off as needed throughout the semester as long as there is communication with the co-instructor and the office, as self-care is the most important way for instructors to give their best selves to their students and the experience. We ensure adequate co-instructors for all of our gap instructors, as well as opportunities for future employment given a successful semester. With our spring gap programs, custom program opportunities, and summer trips, there are ample opportunities for nearly year-round employment. As we recognize that seasonal employment can be challenging to come by, we do everything we can to provide opportunities for our instructors in every season. In addition, we offer great pro-deals on outdoor equipment from many well-known manufacturers. Opportunity for Wilderness First Responder reimbursement available as well.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application. You will be prompted to create an account to complete the online application. Upon completion of the application, you will be asked to upload your resume and a cover letter. You will also be given the opportunity to submit your references’ email addresses. Your resume, cover letter, and three references are required for a complete application.
If you are a return ARCC Summer Leader or have been hired as a Leader for this summer, we do not require a new online application or additional references. We do however require you to submit your gap resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Company Description:ARCC Programs was founded in 1983 with the goal of introducing young adults to outdoor challenges in a fun, safe, and educational environment. Over the years we have evolved from offering primarily wilderness-based programs to a roster including both domestic and international adventure, service and experiential education-based programs. ARCC Summer, Gap and Custom programs take place in locations all over the world. ARCC programs are structured to strike a balance between hard work and hard play while exploring off-the-beaten-path locations. ARCC students return home with a willingness to face new challenges, a greater sense of responsibility and, most importantly, confidence in themselves.
Overview:The Marketing Associate position is a full-time, multi-faceted role that will support and contribute to the planning and execution of ARCC’s marketing, advertising and sales initiatives. This role will lead campaigns for the primary marketing strategies and develop effective content for distribution. We are looking for someone with marketing experience, and an openness to learn and develop skill sets in this area. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Two years of related experience or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing tools, communication tools, social media, and current trends for Millennial & Gen Z engagement
- Digital advertising and social media skills: build and manage campaigns on social platforms including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Website content and SEO management experience
- Superior project management skills and experience with marketing campaigns
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong sense of customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work well on a team with professional, fun, and charismatic individuals.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a related field: experiential education, adventure travel or guiding, international programming, service learning, etc.
- Experience with Design tools including Canva and the Adobe Suite
- Experience with Marketing platforms including HubSpot and Mailchimp as well as reporting
- Experience with business suites including Google and Microsoft
- Experience with Photo and video editing
- Development and implementation of a yearly/seasonal marketing strategy for supporting summer, gap, and custom enrollment
- Track the success of marketing campaigns using multiple analytics tools
- Manage social media content and platforms
- Creation of content for social platforms, blog, web, email, etc. including copy, photos, and videos for distribution across multiple channels
- Support ARCC video creation, collection, use, editing, organization, and distribution
- Support ongoing alumni relations and communication
- Supporting with seasonal marketing/sales campaigns and efforts
- Identify and cultivate new student lead and custom partner avenues and opportunities
- Supporting with materials and presentations for student, parent, and partner marketing or informational presentations
- Assist in planning for outreach activities, including fairs and recruiting events
- Represent ARCC at various educational fairs, recruiting events, or partner/school visits